Today I’m rolling out a new feature called Ask Bryan (me). If you’ve got a question, comment or idea for a post, you can now email me directly. I hope this will allow me to get a better feel for the kinds of things everyone is interested in and help out some stuck folks in the process.
Here a few guidelines:
- Don’t ask very generic questions like, “How do I model my project?” It’s too in depth, and you’re better off looking at the MicroStrategy eBooks or posting on the Discussion Forum.
- Don’t ask super complex questions that require pages of descriptions. I don’t mind asking follow up questions or doing a bit of research, but I’m not a substitute for full blown Tech Support.
- If you have a question or comment related to a specific post, it’s probably better to post it in the appropriate page’s comments. Chances are, someone else has the same question. If you’re shy, you can email me instead.
- I can’t promise I’ll reply or what the time frame will be (could be instant could be days). I’ll do my best to help out in my free time, so please respect that.
- Please don’t spam me with endless questions. Try to do your own research first and if you need a nudge, then email me. I’m less inclined to help someone when it’s clear they haven’t tried to help themselves. Check the KB for starters!
- If you’re stuck on something or just have a quick question, perhaps I can help with a quick reply.
- If you have an idea for a post that you’d like to see or a suggestion for site improvement, I’m always open and could use new ideas.
- I’ll periodically take good questions and wrap them up in a post to share with others (with your permission) either attributed or anonymous (up to you).